Business plans for medical sales
Creating a sample business plan is an outstanding way to distinguish yourself from the competition in a medical sales, laboratory service sales, medical device sales, pathology sales, clinical and research laboratory sales, and pharmaceutical sales job search.
I have received dozens of requests for how to write a sample business plan….please see my previous series of posts that give you ideas and suggestions for the 30-day plan, the 60-day plan, and the 90-day plan. (Or, I’ve got a 30/60/90-Day Sales Plan with a template and my personal coaching video that takes you through the whole thing from creating to presenting your plan in the interview.)
Remember, the kind of business plan I’m referring to is nothing more than you researching your specific position in the medical sales field, analyzing what it takes to be successful in it, and writing a “to-do” list for yourself.
Goals, in other words. Yes, it is hard work to take on before you even know if you’re hired, but that kind of effort will absolutely get a hiring manager’s attention and increase your chances of success once you do get the job.
I found an article on writing a business plan for business owners that might get you thinking in the right direction. I know you’re really not a business owner – but your job is essentially your own business, and the thought processes are similar. His top tips:
- Know your market – size, competition, and risks. (what kind of pool are you swimming in?)
- Know your financial condition – top line, bottom line, and cash flow (company financial situation, commission structure)
- Know your operation – sales, marketing, manufacturing, and administration (how do different departments support each other?)
- Know your story – who, what, where, when, how, and why your business exists (what’s so good about you and this company?)
- Invest the time if you want someone else to invest the money! (in hiring you)
Bottom line: Think about how you’ll be successful in the job you want and write down the incremental goals that will get you there.
Need more help? I’ve got some great options for you (choosing one is great, choosing all is better!):
- Learn a LOT when you come to my FREE training webinar on How to Answer Interview Questions. We will talk about strategies, tools, and tips for a great interview.
- Save time by getting the kit that practically writes your business plan for you: The 30/60/90-Day Sales Plan
- Give yourself yet another boost when you come to my medical-sales-specific free webinar: How to Land a Job in Medical Sales
- Get super-serious about setting yourself apart with some personal coaching from the Medical Sales Recruiter.
Choose one (or all) and get started winning your new medical sales job!
Written by Peggy McKee - the medical sales recruiter
Get top medical sales candidates at PHC Consulting
|How to Get Into Medical Sales |
Learn how to get into this great field - insider secrets & tips.
30/60/90 Day Sales Plans